Various thoughts from this thread:

[1] I agree with Al and Paul[1] on a desire for that sort of metadata.
 I'm not as convinced of the trade-off value of bloating the DIT for
full undelete information, particularly in monster big environments.
For my teeny-tiny single domain it probably wouldn't be that bad of a
hit, but I imagine that the laws of diminishing returns would quickly
set in.

[2] Please finish the thought, Brett, I'm sure I'd find it
helpful/enlightening/informative even if it's only speaking in
hypotheticals.

[3] It's Gil and Darren's turn to crack me up today, I guess joe is
taking a break.

[1] *waves*  Hi Paul!  Glad to see you alive post-Summit.

- L