Subject:        Net::SSH::W32perl /Net:SSH::Perl on activeperl win32
Date:   Fri, 13 Jun 2008 00:59:29 -0500
From:   listmail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:     activeperl@listserv.ActiveState.com

I've been using Net::SSH::W32perl 0.06 originally provided by a repo on
http://www.soulcage.net/ (Scott Scecina) for a few years now.  And my
install still works great.  Unfortunately this site is down and I can no
longer find that specific version and dependencies.  I believe Scott had
hacked some parts of that package or any of its dependencies so as to
make it work without Math::BigInt::GMP but not falling back to the
slowest math libs.  Without fast math routines using Net::SSH::Perl is
incredibly slow (10 minutes or more to connect).

A couple years back I solved this problem on Solaris by building against
libgmp, but I haven't created a working solution on Windows using a
clean development machine.  This concerns me since I have applications
in production which rely on the continue development and availability of
this functionality.    I've been testing the packages provided at
http://theory.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/ with no luck on the performance issue
so far.  I will be testing against Net::SSH:Perl v1.23 (instead of 1.30)
next.

 If anyone has any tips or suggestions, I would appreciate it.