claus.k...@googlemail.com schrieb am 08.01.2012 um 15:38 (+0100):
> Have you installed the Asian Language Support Package for Windows?
> That Should fix this.

Fix what? ActiveState Perl file creation operations? Note that it does
work correctly using Cygwin Perl and other more mainstream tools.

I suspect the ALSP you're referring to would provide fonts for Asian
console glyphs, but I don't need those as I don't read those languages
anyway.

Please refer to the quoted part below to see what I'm talking about.
Chinese is just an example; Russian is another, more relevant one.

Michael