I have used previously Perl 5.8.8 on Windows 7, and now try to port the
application to 5.14.2.

The new Perl version is installed, the PATHes set up correctly. Next I used ppm
to get the newest
version of DBD::Oracle for this Perl version. According to ppm, this is version
1.52. I installed
this version. However, when using  the module,

perl -we "use DBD::Oracle qw(:ora_types);"

an error dialogue pops up, saying that OCI.dll is missing. After clicking OK, I
get the error message

Can't load 'c:/UserData/rofischx/p/perl_5.14.2/lib/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll'
for module
DBD::Oracle: load_file:The specified module could not be found at
c:/UserData/rofischx/p/perl_5.14.2/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 191.

It is not clear, why OCI.dll is not found, or where it is supposed to be.
However, when I set my PATH and PERL5LIB that it points to the Perl 5.8.8
installation on the same host, I don't see this error.

Ronald