Hello,

I'm taking a stab at windows services for the first
time.  My windows service is written in vb.net (not my
lang of choice but I have to go with the flow of the
department).  It is running a once a day timer that
calls several stored procs and depending on the size
of the returned values(s) sends out emails.

Now for my questions.  Can I expect Windows Services
in .Net to have a considerable memory foot print?  I
check and rechecked the closure of my only dataset and
datareader objects.  I have also set them to nothing
when I have finished using them.  This service is only
called once a day.  When it first started it uses a
woping 7MB of RAM...then on first execution it uses
18MB and this stays constant execution after
execution.

I monitored the size hoping the garbage collector
might help me out but to noavail.  I do not implement
IDispose if that helps.

thanks in advance for any advice!

Courtney

=====