On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 05:25, Stas Bekman wrote:
> Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
> > How about POD or YAML for a simple format like that one ? Keeping the
> > pool of possible
> > authors/reporters as high as possible.
>
> +1 to stand clear of XXXml ;)

I can't imagine that more people know YAML than basic XML.  I know I've
avoided YAML so far, since it seems pretty pointless to me.  I don't
think POD or a wiki would provide enough structure for this use (we need
a headline, body, date, poster, etc.), although I suppose we could make
POD work by requiring a strict structure for news items.

One way to do it would be to simply write into a large RSS file by hand,
and let a script grab the last 10 of those for the real RSS feed and for
generating the pages.

- Perrin