Perrin Harkins wrote:
On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 14:12, Stas Bekman wrote:

One way to do it would be to simply write into a large RSS file by hand,
and let a script grab the last 10 of those for the real RSS feed and for
generating the pages.

Yuck. The front-end doesn't have to be anything format specific.

There doesn't need to be a front-end.  People who don't have access to
the site CVS just send submissions to an editor.

Just have a simple form for content management. I really liked the Bricolage presentation at OSCon, it's so easy to create and manipulate data.

Bricolage, like any CMS with a similar breadth of features, is far from
simple. I don't see any need to have a web form. This is just basic structured data, which can be written to a flat file. I would like to
preserve the current situation where the site is not dynamic except for
the search.

Can you please take a look at how jobs.perl.org works. I'm not sure what they are using behind the scenes, but it seems to work great.

Presumably they use a database.  jobs.perl.org is orders of magnitude
more complex than a simple news listing.

How about: