So we're decided then.

http://history.perl.org/PerlTimeline.html will remain untouched, to remain the sole property of Elaine Ashton.

Meanwhile, the Neanderthals will be working on a new collaborative, current history that belongs to the community. This history page is at http://www.perlfoundation.org/perl5/index.cgi?history

This provides a number of benefits:

* History is owned by the community, not a person.
* Easier and better linking to the topics discussed.
* Near-zero barrier to contributions.
* Many new topics will get created in the process of creating the history, so the Perl 5 wiki improves as well.

I believe this should leave everyone happy. The Neanderthals will get a newer, better, shared historical document that can benefit from the inclusions of everyone's work. Meanwhile, Elaine can sit back and snicker, knowing that the Neanderthals will never do the work. It's a win for everyone involved.

I thank Elaine for providing the catalyst for this new endeavor.

xoxo,
Andy

--
Andy Lester => [EMAIL PROTECTED] => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance