I'm reading Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card. I'm finding the IA character "Jane" interesting because Jane emerged, Jane was not created. It seems Card thinks IA will emerge as human intelligence emerged.
" Jane first found herself between the stars, her thoughts playing among the vibrations of the philotic strands of the ansible net. The computers of the Hundred Worlds were hands and feet, eyes and ears to her. She spoke every language that had ever been committed to computers and read every book in every library on every world."

Card consistently treats Jane not as a tool or device but as a character and he describes as Jane has feelings that shape her relations to the information she gathers and processes. In the book we read as Jane uses the extraordinary communication power of the ansible to scan universes of information and quickly respond to every need. The chapter "Jane" is a good explanations of superhuman life of this IA. If you read that chapter, do you think it is something close to your projects?

I know Jane character follows during the next two books: Xenocide and Children of the Mind, but I have not read them, and I don't know how Card imagines the continuation of "his" IA.

By the way, do you know some work on SF' IAs?

Cosmodelia