I think the key fact is that most of these projects are currently
relatively inactive --- plenty of passion out there, just not a
lot of resources.

The last I heard both the HAL project and the CAM-brain project
where pretty much at a stand still due to lack of funding?

Perhaps a good piece of information to add to a list of AGI projects
would be an indication of the level of resources that the project has.

(I'm currently between places and only on the internet via cafes...
So I won't be very active on this list for a few weeks at least)

I suppose I should give a short who-am-I for those who don't know:
I'm a New Zealand mathematician/AI kind of a guy, worked for Ben
for a few years on Webmind and spend most of this year working for
Peter Voss on the A2I2 project.  I'm into complexity and intelligence
and am starting a PhD with Marcus Hutter at IDSIA in a few months
working on a mathematical definition of intelligence that he's come
up with.

Cheers
Shane