On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, Bill Hibbard wrote:

> I devote a chapter of my book to regulation of machine
> intelligence (chapter title: Public Education and
> Control). I think an outright ban on machine intelligence
> is unlikely, given their ultimate ability to create wealth
> without work for everyone. And many other benefits beyond
> that, such as a companion who can develop and explain a
> level of mathematics that humans would never discover.
> I want intelligent machines, but I want them to be safe
> for humans.

I just ordered your book from Amazon (down to three in stock).
-Steve

Stephen L. Reed                  phone:  512.342.4036
Cycorp, Suite 100                  fax:  512.342.4040
3721 Executive Center Drive      email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Austin, TX 78731                   web:  http://www.cyc.com
         download OpenCyc at http://www.opencyc.org