> Ben,

> > if the one AGI goes feral the rest of us are going to need to access
> > the power of some pretty powerful AGIs to contain/manage the feral
> > one. Humans have the advantage of numbers but in the end we may not
> > have the intellectual power or speed to counter an AGI that is
> > actively setting out to threaten humans.
>
> you said:
>
> > I don't see why multiple superintelligent AGI's are safer than a single
> > one....
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]@[EMAIL PROTECTED]  I thought the previous para gave at least one
> good
> reason.  :)

That paragraph gave one possible dynamic in a society of AGI's, but there
are many many other possible social dynamics, including those that lead to
mobs of rampaging violent AGI's.  What's the probability distribution across
the different AGI social dynamic patterns???

> > Certainly among human societies, the only analogue we have,
>
> Human societies are NOT the only analogues we have so for
> understanding GI social behaviour.  There are lots of social animals
> and chimpanzees and bonobos are very closely related to humans
> (they are moreclosely realted to humans than they are to gorillas,
> orangutans and gibbons).

Well, OK, but I reckon ape societies are worse analogues for AGI societies
than human societies are...

> So I think the way to approach the issue is to say what behavioural
> drivers do we need to generate in AGIs so that their collective
> behaviour tend strongly towards peaceful or better still peace making
> behaviour.

Sure... I'm just not so sure that there's any benefit to the "society of
AGI" as opposed to "one big AGI" approach

ben