The total number of particles in the whole universe is usually
estimated to be around 10^80.  These guys claim that the storage
of the brain is 10^8432 bits.  That means that my brain has around
10^8352 bits of storage for every particle in the whole universe.

I thought I was feeling smarter than usual this morning!

Possible explanations:

1) The quote to totally wrong the the "^" should be a "," ?

2) They got confused and thought it was 1 April

3) They are actually doing research into just how flaky AI
   researchers really are and how easy it is to publish
   mathematical nonsense in "Mind and Brain" Journal

4) The "scientists" somehow managed to get their PhDs without
   understanding how numbers work

5) They concluded that the brain is really analogue and so they
   worked out the volume of the skull at the Planck scale (actually
   that doesn't work either as the Planck length is far far far to
   large at 1.6 x 10^-35 m)

and so on...

Does anybody have a better explanation?

Shane