Even though only a few have reacted to my (somewhat threatening ;-) ) proposal to discontinue this list, it seems that people are comfortable with it, anyhow...
Someone can experiment with automated posting of all forum messages to the list, as and when they are created.

Speaking of high quality, you are the best person to do that :-). As I'm only starting in Agi etc, I've only questions and speculations to post. I've not done that because I'm afraid of sinking agi-forums to the level of agi-n00b-forums. But I'll take that risk someday, I can delete the post (unlike in a list), if it sounds too low quality.

On the suggestion of creating a wiki, we already have it here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_general_intelligence , as you know, and its exposure is much wider. I feel, wiki cannot be a good format for discussions. No one would like their views edited out by a random user. It serves the purpose best, when the knowledge is already established.

Sanjay

On 6/13/06, Ben Goertzel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Sanjay,

On 6/12/06, William Pearson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 10/06/06, sanjay padmane <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
> > I feel you should discontinue the list. That will force people to post there.
> > I'm not using the forum only because no one else is using it (or very
> > few), and everyone is perhaps doing the same.
>
> I also wouldn't be interested in using the forum.

And, this is the reason why I have not killed the AGI list, but am
rather happily growing it, even though I think forums are basically
superior.

Since starting the AGI list, it has grown steadily...

Since starting the AGI Forum, it has grown ... er ... verrrrry slowly,
in spite of announcements on the list and elsewhere.

The ImmInst.org forums have convinced me of the value of the forum modality.

However, I have to respect that fact that most AGI list members prefer a list.

Sanjay, if you want to energize the AGI Forum (a motive I strongly
encourage!) please post some high-quality content there ;->

At its best, a Forum can be like a wiki in dialogue form.  Not often
achieved, of course, but nice when it *is* achieved...

-- Ben