YKY

1) I agree that the brain's probabilistic reasoning does not involve
high-precision calculations, but rather rough heuristic estimations

2) Of course, the brain has a LOT of stuff going on internally that is
not accessible to consciousness....  In very many ways our unconscious
brains are smarter and more accurate than our conscious brains.  For
example, when I serve in tennis, my brain seems to know what angle to
hold each part of my arm at, yet my conscious mind does not have
access to this information.  Probabilities (implicitly) calculated
during cognition may have roughly the same status as these angles
(implicitly) calculated during motor control.

-- Ben