Eric Baum wrote:

> As I and Jef and you appear to agree, extant Intelligence
> works because it exploits structure *of our world*; there is
> and can be (unless P=NP or some such radical and unlikely
> possibility) no such thing as as "General" Intelligence that
> works in all worlds.

I'm going to risk being misunderstood again over a subtle point of
clarification:

I think we are in practical agreement on the point quoted above, but I
think that a more coherent view would avoid the binary distinction and
instead place general intelligence at the end of a scale where with
diminishing exploitation of regularities in the environment
computational requirements become increasingly intractable.

- Jef