Needless to say, I don't consider cleaning up the house a particularly
interesting goal for AGI projects.  I can well imagine it being done
by a narrow AI system with no capability to do anything besides
manipulate simple objects, navigate, etc.

Being able to understand natural language commands pertaining to
cleaning up the house is a whole other kettle of fish, of course.
This, as opposed to the actual house-cleaning, appears to be an
"AGI-hard" problem...

-- BenG