For me, wanting to make a thinking machine is a far stronger motivator
than wanting to get rich.

Of course, I'd like to get rich, but getting rich is quite ordinary and
boring
compared to launching a positive Singularity ;-p

Being rich for the last N years before Singularity is better than not being
rich for those years ... but, really, life in the US as a middle-class tech
professional is not so bad, so this is not such a big deal.

The main use of being rich is if it helps to more effectively launch a
positive Singularity, from my view...

-- Ben

The problem is that I still want to get rich, and to make XYZ a non-profit
would be dishonest and may result in some awkward contradictions later.
(Unless my personality changes... which is also possible).

I think people who are motivated by $$ tend to work harder and are more
goal-oriented, and so they're more likely to produce a  *higher*
-quality AGI.

Which is a bigger motivator -- charity/altruism, or $$?   For me it's $$,
and charity is of lower priority.  And let's not forget that self-interested
individuals in a free market can bring about progress, at least according to
Adam Smith.

Thanks a lot for your advice though, I'll think about it more... =)
YKY