Synergy or win-win between my work and the project i.e. if the project
dovetails with what I am doing (or has a better approach). This would require
some overlap between the project's architecture and mine. This would also
require a clear vision and explicit 'clues' about deliverables/modules (i.e.
both code and ideas). I would have to be able to use these (code, idea)
*completely* freely as I would deem fit, and would, in return, happily exchange
the portions of my work that are relevant to the project.
Basically I agree with what the others wrote below - especially Ben. Except I
would not work for a company that would aim to retain (exclusive or long-term)
commercial rights to AGI design (and thus become rulers of the world :) nor
would I accept funding from any source that aims to adopt AGI research outcomes
for military purposes.
Oh and yes, I'd like to be wealthy (definitely *not* rich and most definitely
not famous - see the recent singularity discussion for a rationale on that one)
but I already have the things I really need (not having to work for a regular
income *would* be nice, tho)
= Jean-Paul

Justin Corwin wrote:
If I had to find a new position tomorrow, I would try to find (or
found) a group which I liked what they were 'doing', rather than their
opinions, organization, or plans.
Mark Waser wrote:
important --> 6 which would necessarily include 8 and 9
Matt wrote:
12. A well defined project goal, including test criteria.
Ben wrote:
The most important thing by far is having an AGI design that seems
feasible. For me, wanting to make a thinking machine is a far stronger motivator
than wanting to get rich. The main use of being rich is if it helps to more
effectively launch a positive Singularity, from my view...
Eliezer wrote:
Clues.  Plural.