It will b e very hard at that point to hold up in court, given that the AGI
must choose who gets what, cause there sure aint no precedent for a
non-legal-entity like an AI for making legal decisions.
  Will have to have it declared a "person" first.

James Ratcliff

Benjamin Goertzel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
So you are going to make a special set of corporate bylaws that disentangle
shares from control?

Hmmm...

Something like: the initial "trustworthy owners" are given temporary
trusteeship over the shares, but are then bound to distribute them according to
the wishes of the AGI once the AGI passes some threshold level of
intelligence??

I suppose that could work...

I know the Frankfurter Allgemaine Zeitung (famous German newspaper) is operated
by each of the 5 publishers being given trusteeship over 1/5 of the shares ...
but then they pass this trusteeship along to their successors when they
retire...

-- Ben G

On 6/3/07, Mark Waser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:        :-)    The ones
controlling the  company are that set of trustworthy owners that I mentioned
before.   One of the reasons why I'm not giving out intermediate options is to
prevent questions/problems like this.

 I *do* understand pretty well how VCs  think/operate and the biggest drawback
is going to be that, in order to protect  the AGI, we're not going to be
willing to give up a majority share.