>> So, the share allocation is left undetermined, to be determined by the AGI
>> someday?

That's what I'm saying currently.  The reality is that my project actually has
a clear intermediate product that would cleanly allow all current contributors
to determine an intermediate distribution -- but I'm really not ready to
discuss (or more importantly defend) that yet so it's better to just take it as
-- Yes, it will be the AGI.

>> I suppose the suggestion makes sense, but it doesn't provide any way for
>> folks to profit from intermediate results, only from achieving the end goal
>> of human-level AGI... right?

As currently stated and what I wish to defend -- yes, absolutely.  In reality,
as stated above, I don't think so but if everyone assumes the worst, they can
only be pleasantly surprised.

>> I suppose I would either make it nonprofit, or make it a traditional
>> for-profit with traditional compensation schemes (like Novamente)...

A non-profit is very tempting except that I'm not familiar with the workings
and requirements of such and I'm also not sure how you would then reward the
participants.  Personally, a non-profit would be perfectly acceptable -- but I
wonder how many people I wouldn't get without the pot of gold at the end of the
rainbow.  A non-profit would also rule out any chance of attracting a venture
capitalist if we decided to divert into that direction.

>> But I'm all for innovation and I'll be curious to see how your scheme works
>> out...

I'm curious too . . . . and looking for all the help I can get    :-)

I feel there's enough complexity and weirdness in the AGI, I don't feel like
adding complexity and weirdness in the organizational structure...

Agreed.  I was hoping that a traditional for-profit with a slightly odd
compensation scheme (and some extra rules pretty much for internal consumption
only) would work.  Your reaction isn't promising (though I can't tell whether
it's due to the idea itself or my poor presentation).