Has anyone come across (or written) any papers that argue for particular
low-level capabilities that any system capable of human-level intelligence
must possess, and which posits particular tests for assessing whether a
system possesses these prerequisites for intelligence?  I'm looking for
anything like this, or indeed anything that tries to lay out an incremental
path toward AGI with testable benchmarks along the way.  I'd be very
appreciative if anyone could point me to any such work.

Gabe