Mike,

> Matt::  The whole point of using massive parallel computation is to do the
> hard part of the problem.

> The whole idea of massive parallel computation here, surely has to be wrong.
> And yet none of you seem able to face this to my mind obvious truth.

Who do you mean under "you" in this context?
Do you think that everyone here agrees with Matt on everyting?
:-)

Quite the opposite is true -- almost every AI researcher has his own
unique set of believes. Some believes are shared with one set of
researchers -- other with another set. Some believes may be even
unique.

For example, I disagree with Matt's claim that AGI research needs
special hardware with massive computational capabilities.

However I agree with Matt on quite large set of other issues.