How confident are you that this only-complex-AI limitation applies in
reality? How much would you bet on it? I'm not convinced, and I think
that if you are convinced too much, you made wrong conclusions from
your data, unless you communicated too little of what formed your
intuition.

I am completely sure that it applies (although your phrasing makes me wonder if you have interpreted my exact worry accurately... I will have to come back to that).

I am also sure that it applies but don't believe that it is a huge problem unless you ignore it. Remember, gravity with three bodies is a complex problem -- but it is relatively easy to characterize and solve to reasonable limits (just don't try to make plans too far in the future without making periodic readings to ensure that reality still matches your model).