Thoughts are surely a subset of felt experience. The contact
experiences reliably induced by committed doses of for instance
psilocibin are objective, not subjective events! They are breaches in
consensus reality, they mutate it. I don't know the source of the
information I've received when bemushroomed. It could be aeons old and
delivered by panspermia. Much of it is presented with great gravity.

The experince could easily be a disorienting allergic response evolved
on Earth to discourage predation. But that does not explain the
intimate Other that appears in the head to take great glee in the
interface! It does not explain the reams of art, the many and varied
vistas and plateaus, and the challenges one encounters in the
psilocibin trance. Either it is offering us all this or it is
generated by the brain. Why then is this uniquely characteristic
hallucinosis particular to the ingestion of this specific substance?

You can read for yourself on the effects I'm describing. But none of
this feeds into anyone's theory of mind until we can trap and trace
the experiences in question. It is probably quantum.