Steve Richfield wrote:
Richard,

On 12/18/08, *Richard Loosemore* <r...@lightlink.com <mailto:r...@lightlink.com>> wrote:

    Rafael C.P. wrote:

        Cognitive computing: Building a machine that can learn from
        experience
        http://www.physorg.com/news148754667.html

    Neuroscience vaporware.

It isn't neuroscience yet, because they haven't done any science yet. It isn't vaporware yet because they have made no claims of functionality. In short, it has a LONG way to go before it can be considered to be neuroscience vaporware. Indeed, this article failed to make any case for any rational hope for success. Steve Richfield
DARPA buys G.Tononi for 4.9 $Million! .... For what amounts to little more than vague hopes that any of us here could have dreamed up. Here I am, up to my armpits in an actual working proposition with a real science basis... scrounging for pennies. hmmm...maybe if I sidle up and adopt an aging Nobel prizewinner...maybe that'll do it.

nah. too cynical for the festive season. There's always 2009! You never know....

merry xmas, all

Colin