I think it's v. useful - although I was really extending his idea.

Correct me - but almost no matter what you guys do, (or anyone in AI does) ,
you think in terms of spaces, or frames. Spaces of options. Whether you're
doing logic, maths, or programs, spaces in one form or other are fundamental.

But you won't find anyone - or show me to the contrary - applying spaces to
creative problems (or AGI problems). T

And what's useful IMO is the idea of **trying** to encompass "the space of
creative options" - the options for any creative problem [wh can be as simple
or complex as "what shall we have to eat tonight?" or "how do we reform the
banks?" or  "what do you think of the state of AGI?" ].

It's only when you **try** to formalise creativity , that you realise it can't
be done in any practical, programmable way - or formal way. You can only do it
conceptually. Informally.

The options are infinite, or, at any rate, "practically endless." - and
infinite not just in number, but in *diversity*, in endlessly proliferating
*domains* and categories extending right across the world.

**And this is the case for every creative problem - every AGI problem**   (one
reason why you won't find anyone in the field of AGI, actually doing AGI, only
narrow AI gestures at the goal).

It's only when you attempt - and fail - to formalise the space of creativity,
that the meaning of "there are infinite creative options" really comes home.
And you should be able to start to see why narrow AI and AGI are fundamentally
opposite affairs - thinking in "closed spaces" vs thinking in "open worlds".

{It is fundamental BTW to the method of rationality - and rationalisation -
epitomised in current programming - to create and think in a closed space of
options, wh. is always artificial in nature].