Löbner/Turing tests start off with zero knowledge. Google works on the
Internet. What you need to start off with is some knowledge base. In fact
one possible Löbner contestant is Watson<http://www.research.ibm.com/deepqa/>.
Watson, unlike Google, runs on a single supercomputer. Watson is programmed
with the knowledge of Jeopardy contestants.

Watson's *knowledge* is essentially unlimited, the challenge is to process
NL.

I am going to ask you a question. Is chatting glorified Jeopardy? In
Jeopardy the database is constant throughout the competition. In
conversation we build a database. Lets put:-

1) Some facts about you into Watson.
2) A list of questions about you that Watson has to discover the answer to.
In short it would have to do Jeopardy on you in reverse.

This would be the next logical step from the competition.

BTW - The name Watson comes from the Thomas A. Watson Research Centre where
he lives, *not* the companion of Sherlock Holmes.

  - Ian Parker