John,

Congratulations, as your response was the only one that was on topic!!!

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 10:09 AM, John G. Rose <johnr...@polyplexic.com>wrote:

> "statements of stupidity" - some of these are examples of cramming
> sophisticated thoughts into simplistic compressed text.

Definitely, as even the thoughts of stupid people transcends our (present)
ability to state what is happening behind their eyeballs. Most stupidity is
probably beyond simple recognition. For the initial moment, I was just
looking at the linguistic low hanging fruit.

Language is both intelligence enhancing and limiting. Human language is a
> protocol between agents. So there is minimalist data transfer, "I had no
> choice but to ..." is a compressed summary of potentially vastly complex
> issues.

My point is that they could have left the country, killed their adversaries,
taken on a new ID, or done any number of radical things that they probably
never considered, other than taking whatever action they chose to take. A
more accurate statement might be "I had no apparent rational choice but to
...".

The mind gets hung-up sometimes on this language of ours. Better off at
> times to think less using English language and express oneself with a wider
> spectrum communiqué. Doing a dance and throwing paint in the air for
> example, as some **primitive** cultures actually do, conveys information
> also and is medium of expression rather than using a restrictive human chat
> protocol.

You are saying that the problem is that our present communication permits
statements of stupidity, so we shouldn't have our present system of
communication? Scrap English?!!! I consider statements of stupidity as a
sort of communications checksum, to see if real interchange of ideas is even
possible. Often, it is quite impossible to communicate new ideas to
inflexible-minded people.

> BTW the rules of etiquette of the human language "protocol" are even more
> potentially restricting though necessary for efficient and standardized data
> transfer to occur. Like, TCP/IP for example. The "Etiquette" in TCP/IP is
> like an OSI layer, akin to human language etiquette.

I'm not sure how this relates, other than possibly identifying people who
don't honor linguistic etiquette as being (potentially) stupid. Was that
your point?

Steve