On Fri, 2023-08-25 at 06:01 -1000, Kerim Aydin via agora-business
wrote:
> H referee,
>
> I note that 4st violated r2143 by failing to publish the heralds weekly
> report last week.  In terms of penalties, I’ll mention I believe e missed
> the previous week too, and eir resignation below gives no aid to the
> incoming herald in reconstructing the report - it would have been easier
> under the circumstances had e resigned weeks ago.  Keeping the other parts
> of the office while having a professed lack of interest in the duties made
> it materially more difficult for anyone to take over.
> (I mean this to be respectful of 4st’s choices - there’s nothing wrong with
> losing interest in a task, but it’s reasonable for the penalty to reflect
> the material difficulties caused by the late resignation).

4st's most recent Herald weekly report was posted on 3 August. As such,
e indeed did not perform the Herald's weekly duties in the week of
August 14. This is a violation of rule 2143 (an infraction of Weekly
Tardiness).

Within the last month, 4st has committed this infraction on:
- 21 August (the infraction that was noted in the quote above);
- 14 August;
- 31 July (an infraction that was noted and investigated earlier).

That means that this a Class 4 infraction. The Base of this infraction
is currently 1 (due to an investigated infraction by the same person
having been committed within the past 30 days), and the infraction has
not been forgiven. As such, I am required to, when investigating this
infraction, specify a number of Blots in the range 1 to 4 inclusive.

I investigate this infraction, specifying 2 Blots. (This causes 4st to
be given 2 Blots.) I consider a penalty towards the middle of the range
to be appropriate here because a) regular asset reports are very
helpful to avoid losing track of the gamestate, and officers should be
encouraged to avoiding missing weeks, but b) under the current ruleset,
Radiance doesn't change very often (we repealed most of the ways to
gain it), and thus missing this report has had a smaller impact on
gameplay than missing some of the other asset reports might; and 4st
has been performing the other duties of the Herald office.

--
ais523
Referee