On Mon, 2024-04-01 at 21:44 +0100, Gaelan Steele via agora-business wrote:
> On Apr 1, 2024, at 6:22 PM, Yachay Wayllukuq via agora-business wrote:
> > Quite a lot has happened in the last couple of hours. I have
> > taken complete control of Agora.
> >
> > Full explanation here: ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGxIE1hr0w4 )
>
> I note that, in the quoted message, Yachay has violated R2471 by making
> a false statement (“I have taken complete control of Agora”) with intent
> to mislead.

This statement was clearly falsy (it was not true, and the author of
the statement should have known that it was not true). So the question
is, was it made with intent to mislead?

I think it probably was not intended to mislead readers as to its truth
value – at least, not for very long. The context of the message is such
that a reasonable player might suspect that the dictatorship did not
actually exist (I know that I was suspicious immediately).

However, rule 2471 doesn't require an intent to mislead people into
thinking that the statement was true specifically – it just requires an
intent to mislead, with no further qualifiers. In this case, the
message appears to have been made with the intent to mislead readers
into clicking on a particular link, and the specified statement is part
of that. As such, an infraction has been committed.

I investigate this infraction by Yachay (making a falsy statement, "I
have taken complete control of Agora" with intent to mislead, in
violation of rule 2471). For this infraction, the Class is 2 and the
Base is 0. I specify a penalty of 1 Blot (I can't see a reason to
choose a value other than the middle of the range).

--
ais523
Referee