Dear list,

A friend read a statement in an article but she was wondering if it was correct.

Statement:

To calculate a "normal" correlation between two variables, the variables shouldn't be spatially dependent. Meaning variables z1 and z2 don't exhibit any spatial dependence and the variables could be considered random distributed across a sample grid x,y. Only under these conditions the normal correlation coeff. and statistics could be used.

Any input on this?

And what if there is spatial dependence?

I hope it makes a little sense, I didn't have access to the article itself so I had to do it with a simple explanation of my friend.

Best regards,

Koen.

* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful