CeDeROM wrote:

> The speed is critical - I have to generate a signal of frequency more
> than 1MHz

I think you should consider using RT-Linux where you can make your realtime
task run at predefined scheduling rate.

Schduling rate of 1 MHz is quite high, interrupt latency and scheduling
jitter is around 3 microseconds in RT-Linux, afaik.

Personally I would make D-class amp's PWM control using some DSP card (with
AD, TI or Motorola DSP processor). PC's CPU would only feed audio data to
that card.

 - Jussi Laako

--
PGP key fingerprint: 161D 6FED 6A92 39E2 EB5B  39DD A4DE 63EB C216 1E4B
Available at PGP keyservers