Hi!

I see, that this subject is good for biig discussion :]

I've read all informations... I'm sure they will help me - as I'm just a
begginer in that subject.

1. There is no problem to write it in C. I just used to assembler, and
so thought that such simple program could be written in asm - neither
dirctly or as inline part of C module ( asm {} ).

2. I was planning to use GAS compiler - GNU Assembly language - so:
 - I think, that there would be no problem with multiplatform.
 - It would allow me to insert asm code into C source.

3. It's going to be my diplom work, so writing it in asm, would say
something about my abiliteies, i think  :P

3.About timers - if there is no aviable, I could do an empty loop, that
would emulate such device - it would have to count the system speed at
start. That's no problem, but I was wondering what is ALSA using for
delays?

4. Would reading from /dev/dsp give me samples of the sound?
If yes, are the data buffered, or sent directly with sampling frequency?
If directly - I wouldn't have to make any delays in my program.

5. Are the data in /dev/dsp 16-bit?
Is it dependent from sound deliveredt to that device?
Are the data from /dev/dsp delivered to the soundcard with
quality/parameters of the sound delivered to the /dev/dsp?

6. The problem with output is that I/O device could not be fast enough
for generating 1MHz signal.
I was planning to use DTR/CTS lines in serial port, or data lines in
parallel port. Maybe someone know what is maximum speed of those ports?
>From the other side only PC has USB port, so I'm not planning to use it.

7. If I had to build some card acting as PWM (Pulse Width Modulator), I
would built the amplifier as free-standing device...

Tanks!
CeDeROM/KSZAK