I'm about to start a project, very similar to one already exists but
I intend to do it from scratch to be able to include some important
changes. It's a realtime sound recorder-processor-player, like a
passthrough. I have already written it for Win32, and now I'm trying
to port it, to Linux w/ALSA while improving it considerably. Among
other things, I want it to be modular to the plug-in extent.

I'm also about to start another project: I have a Turtle Beach Pinnacle
soundcard (yes, it's a little old, but it's great). I looked through
the hardware list and I didn't see it supported under ALSA, but maybe
someone is writing drivers for it. In case you're not, I've already
downloaded all the info necessary to write a driver myself. If anyone
is interested in helping, or has already written such driver, please
tell me so I won't waste time on already-written stuff.

And as if all those projects weren't enough to do on my spare time,
I'm also new to Linux, ALSA, KDE, XWindow, all of it. I just started
learning a week ago. So any tips would be very very helpful.

Claudio++   ;)