Quoting Jaroslav Kysela <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Sat, 22 Dec 2001, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > I finally got around to trying that via686a sound device again with
> ALSA. I
> > tried ALSA v0.9.0beta10 with Kernel 2.4.13. When running XMMS I got an
> oops
> > immediately after playing an MP3. I've attached the output.
>
> Can you send us the contents of /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/* files?
>
>                                               Jaroslav

Just now got a hold of the machine again, so here is the output of the files you
requested:

access: RW_INTERLEAVED
format: S16_LE
subformat: STD
channels: 2
rate: 48000 (48000/1)
period_size: 1114
buffer_size: 15596
tick_time: 10000
OSS format: S16_LE
OSS channels: 2
OSS rate: 44100
OSS period bytes: 4096
OSS periods: 14
card: 0
device: 0
subdevice: 0
stream: PLAYBACK
id: VIA 82C686A
name: VIA 82C686A
subname: subdevice #0
class: 0
subclass: 0
subdevices_count: 1
subdevices_avail: 0
64
state: XRUN
trigger_time: 1009774604.432649
tstamp      : 1009774971.205862
delay       : -1071361112
avail       : 15596
avail_max   : 15596
tstamp_mode: NONE
period_step: 1
sleep_min: 0
avail_min: 1114
xfer_align: 1
start_threshold: 1
stop_threshold: 15596
silence_threshold: 0
silence_size: 0
boundary: 2044198912

Hope that helps. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to get things fixed.
It appears to work in ALSA mode BTW, just not XMMS OSS emulation. Lates..
    Josh Green