Hello!

> we use a SEKD Siena Sound card for Microphonearray research and are in
> need for a Linux (ALSA) Driver for that card.
>
> I'm not experienced in that stuff, so I would like to ask politely if
> someone can point me to some information on how to start writing a
> soundcarddriver (Howtos, book, etc).

  Perhaps the best way is to look at the sources, if there is already a
driver for card, similar to yours. In this case you just change
structures, that describe your card to midlevel code and perhaps write a
bunch of low-level routines to manipulate registers for your card.

  Otherwise, you could study some drivers, to see, how things work. In
ALSA, you already have a powerful midlevel (pcm, sequencer, control/mixer,
etc...) code, and with decent card's documentation, it's really not so
difficult to write a functional low-level driver from scratch.

        Uros.