On Mon, 2002-01-14 at 17:48, DeMeo, William wrote:
> Hi Josh,
>
> You might want to check out Midiman's Portman PC/S, since there are now
> drivers at:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/portmanlinux/
>
> I have one of these and tried to get it working about 1 year ago with Linux
> _without_ success.  But I have yet to try it with Oliv's driver.  He says
> it's working fine now, so I plan to try again at some point...
>
> The Portman's a pretty inexpensive option.  On the other hand, it seems the
> Mediator has been working with Linux for quite a while, so that might be a
> safer bet.
>
> Good luck, and let me know if you get something working.
>
> William

It looks like a nice device but my impression is that it is OSS only. It
probably wouldn't be that hard to port a driver from OSS to ALSA
(especially since there is already an ALSA serial driver available) so
it could be an option. Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to let you know
when I get something working. Lates..

--
    Josh Green