So... anything that can be done to fix this (I assume so, since it's a new
problem since older alsa), or do I have to cut my speaker wires apart? :-P

I'm still a newbie to the audio world, but just wondering, why design a audio equipment
that behaves like this ??
(When you run out of ideas howto fix something let's try to move it into a HW bug instead -;) )

Still hopfully alsa gets fixed and I can throw away the effect plugin :-)

One alternative solution would be program the DSP to do the job instead and you will
save CPU time. (Yet another thing that I dont known howto do -:( )

/Benny

PS. being out for traveling some days (wont respond any mail for a while ...)