El Viernes, 29 de Agosto de 2003 20:12, Karsten Wiese escribió:
> Just received an email from Takashi. He asks why not do it like he
> did it before for the vx interfaces.

Another idea, after a closer look on the vxloader utility... Why not to forget
hotplug for rbtload? using modutils instead, like vxloader does.

quoting vxloader's README:
For loading the firmware automatically after the module is loaded, use
the post-install command.  For example, add the following entry to
/etc/modules.conf for VX222 driver:
        post-install snd-vx222 /usr/bin/vxloader

We can use something like this for Tascam USB devices:
        pre-install snd-usb-us428 /usr/sbin/rbtload [...]

In this way we can be sure that rbtload is executed *before* the module is
installed. Of course, we still need to modify rbtload a bit, but it's not a
big change. It is not necessary to use the hwdep infrastructure at all.

Regards,
Pedro

--
ALSA Library Bindings for Pascal