On Sun, Aug 31, 2003 at 12:27:42AM +0200, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas wrote:

> Yes, but it is easier to use the vendor and product id instead of usb dev full
> path. Something like this:
> pre-install snd-usb-us122 /usr/sbin/rbtload -P0x8007 -V0x1604 -p71 -Ius122.rbt
> See the attached patch (untested).
>
> Yes again, and it is the same with post-install of course.
> For USB devices on Linux, there is only a way to handle every event when you
> plug and unplug a device: hotplug.

But it fails in case of one device if you do a re-plugin! The first plugin
loads the firmware fine. Then you unplug your device and the module still
remains in a status of sleep. If you plug in your device again it woke up,
but it won't get a download of firmware and I don't saw a hotplug event in the
logfile. I believe here is a solution in the ALSA USB corner neccessary. The
download can not start by a hotplug event in this case! (My LEDs are still
dark here!)

martin