Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> > On a 2.2.19 kernel:
> >
> > depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.2.19/misc/snd-*
>
> Missing inclusion of some header files?

Sorry, my error.  Wrong kernel configuration.  (The result of "Hey,
this old file looks like a kernel -- let's see what happens if I boot
it ..."  ;-)

But now:

# modprobe snd
modprobe: Too deep recursion in module dependencies!
modprobe: Circular dependency? snd-page-alloc snd

snd_pci_compat_get_pci_driver() is called from
pci_compat_pm_callback() in misc.c.  I think the 2.2.x CONFIG_APM
stuff in misc.c could be moved into pci_compat_22.c, but OTOH it might
make more sense to move the PCI functions that don't do page
allocation from the snd-page-alloc module into snd.  What's your
opinion on this?

Regards,
Clemens