On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Clemens Ladisch wrote:

> But now:
>
> # modprobe snd
> modprobe: Too deep recursion in module dependencies!
> modprobe: Circular dependency? snd-page-alloc snd
>
> snd_pci_compat_get_pci_driver() is called from
> pci_compat_pm_callback() in misc.c.  I think the 2.2.x CONFIG_APM

I don't see the circular dependency for this function.
snd_pci_compat_get_pci_driver() is defined in snd-page-alloc
and pci_compat_pm_callback() does not define it. I'm missing
something?

> stuff in misc.c could be moved into pci_compat_22.c, but OTOH it might
> make more sense to move the PCI functions that don't do page
> allocation from the snd-page-alloc module into snd.  What's your
> opinion on this?

I don't mind so much. But having related compatibility stuff at one place
also makes sense.

Linux Kernel Sound Maintainer
ALSA Project, SuSE Labs