Clemens Ladisch wrote:

Rodrigo Severo wrote:

Clemens Ladisch wrote:

Rodrigo Severo wrote:

I have two Prolink PlayTV Pro capture cards (PV-BT878P+). One of them is
revision 8E and tthe other is revision 9F.

I tried to use both of them with the snd-bt87x driver. Both of them
returned only static.

Did you try analog or digital or both?

Both.

I managed to get analog sound from the 8E with the btaudio (OSS) driver,

Does digital work?

No. I get only silence from the digital device.

Which version?

ALSA 1.0.4 and btaudio which came with kernel 2.4.25.

In theory, btaudio and snd-bt87x should behave identically.

I thought so.

What btaudio mixer settings and input do you use when it works?

The default setting, i.e. the ones set when the driver is modprobed,
work just fine.

Yesterday I was doing some extra tests. With aumixer I get three
connections under btaudio: Line[1-3].

The audio capture works just the same no matter which device I set as
the record device. The volume control affects the recording though (I
have to leave the volume level really low not to get any noticeable
distortion).

BTW, I have tested two other boards: a very old board autodetected by
bttv as "(Askey Magic/others) TView99 CPH05 x [card=24], PCI subsystem
ID is 144f:3002" and another Prolink PlayTV Pro, this time revision 9D.

With the Askey Magic I got only silence but with the Prolink PlayTV Pro
revision 9D I got bad sound with btaudio. By bad I mean a slightly high
pitch soundI got the sound of the TV with a slightly higher pitch than
usual and with more than usual noise during silence. The sound was bad
but at least I got something.

Today I found another BT878 board for sell here in Brasilia: Pinnacle
PCTV. I could have tested it also but I got lazy. The store I found all
these boards are a little distant from my work and I have already tested
5 different boards.

Do you think there is any chance for these boards to work with btaudio
and/or snd-bt87x?

BTW, is there some kind of list with boards that work with btaudio
and/or snd-bt87x?

Thanks again for your attention,

Rodrigo Severo

-- ---------------------------------------------------- Rodrigo Severo Fábrica de Idéias Fone: +55(61)321 1357 Fax: +55(61)223 1712 SBS - Quadra 2 - Ed. Empire Center - Sala 1301 Brasília/DF - Brasil CEP: 70.070-904 ----------------------------------------------------