William wrote:
James Courtier-Dutton wrote:

Audigy LS driver is now ready for inclusion into alsa-driver.
Get it from http://www.superbug.demon.co.uk/alsa

Are you going to work on any other Audigy-series drivers, e.g. Audigy 2 ZS?
I'm finding the emu10k1 driver in alsa-driver-1.0.5a has serious problems
with random intermittent distortion of the soundfont samples while they are
being played on the soundcard's MIDI synthesiser, e.g. using aplaymidi -p 65:0.
"Random intermittent distortion" means, e.g. the sound during MIDI playback
becomes "muffled" for a minute or two and then returns to normal sound quality,
or the sound wrongly becomes mono for a few seconds, and then
returns to stereo.
Also, it seems emu10k1 does not load soundfonts correctly,
especially if you ever use any really large 25MB soundfonts.

William

I don't have an Audigy 2 ZS, so unless someone donates one, I can't help you there.

Can you post to a web site your soundfonts file, and instructions on how to use them with the creative cards, I might be able to help.

I have a cheepo Audigy 2 (old version) that I might be able to reproduce your problems on.

I don't work with MIDI much, which is why I have not added MIDI support to the Audigy LS driver at the moment.

Cheers

James