Torstein and list;

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 3:03 PM, chris hermansen <clherman...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Torsten and list;
>

> On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 6:44 PM, chris hermansen <clherman...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Torstein and list;

>>> If you could test the patch i just posted to alsa-devel [1], that would
>>> be great.
>>>
>>> [1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.devel/106002
>>

>> I will do my best to test it tonight (GMT-8).
>

> Well, last night came and went and time was short.
>
> Anyway, this morning I booted up my old Toshiba testbed currently running
> Lubuntu 13.04 and followed these instructions to build a new kernel:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/BuildYourOwnKernel
>
> (by the way if anyone is reading this and thinking "I want to try too",
> establish the build environment BEFORE trying to get the kernel source).
>
> 13.04 is running 3.8.0 kernel at this point in time.
>
> I inserted Torstein's code into line 713 in pcm.c and built the kernel.
>
> I tried  "sudo aplay -vD plughw:CARD=Interface,DEV=0" with my 44.1/16 wav
> file followed by my 96/24 wav file and...
>
> IT WORKS!!!!
>
> Congratulations, Torstein.
>
> I know this isn't quite "testing the patch" itself, but I wasn't comfortable
> with the different versions.  Should I do more?

Answering my own question, I decided to take a closer look at your
patch noted above (106002), which appears to patch sound/usb/clock.c,
which seems completely different than what you presented earlier,
which was the change to sound/usb/pcm.c, which is what I tested...

Feeling a bit lost here... did I miss a part of the conversation?

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.