> > Problems left:
> > * There is a blob at the beginning of playback
>
> This is most probably a bug in the hardware chain somewhere. Can you
> exclude the possibilty that this plop is produced by the receiving side
> and occurs every time the link was lost? You can try that by re-plugging
> the optical cable while audio is streaming.

Replugging the optical cable does not produce any plops or noise. Also the same
connection with my PCI sound card works fine.
Also I've noticed that the plops aren't always there and vary in volume.
Furthermore mpd even produces some noise when pressing stop.

> This is a known bug, also most probably flaw in the CMEDIA chip, and not
> yet properly worked around in the snd-usb driver. If you want to
> investigate, have a look at the feedback format autodetection code in
> sound/usb/endpoint.c.

Thanks, I'll have a look.

--
Thorsten Mühlfelder