Hi all

I seem to have got caught in a bit of an impasse here. My motherboard is the
Asus-Z87-K and I want to record sound using audacity.

I've got this far -

Scenario 1 -
I have an .asoundrc file whereby I can hear sound through audacity, xmms,
mplayer, amarok, audacious and kplayer. In firefox I can also play BBC iplayer
and hear sound and record it using audacity. What I CAN'T do is hear sound from
html5 such as this link
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/301993907/lplc-too-internet-of-things-microprocessor

Scenario 2 -
If I tweak the .asoundrc file I can still hear sound through audacity, xmms,
mplayer, amarok, audacious and kplayer. In firefox I can also play BBC iplayer
AND I CAN hear sound from html5. What I can't do is record anymore from
audacity.

Any suggestions. I've included below details of my configuration

aplay -l

aplay -l
card 1: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC887-VD Analog [ALC887-VD Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 1: ALC887-VD Digital [ALC887-VD Digital]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 2: Loopback [Loopback], device 0: Loopback PCM [Loopback PCM]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 2: Loopback [Loopback], device 1: Loopback PCM [Loopback PCM]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

*This .asoundrc relates to Scenario 1*

defaults.pcm.card 1
defaults.pcm.device 0
defaults.ctl.card 1

#https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Capture/ALSA

#aik pcm.!default { type plug slave.pcm "hw:Loopback,0,0" }
# Recording

pcm.multi {
    type route;
    slave.pcm {
        type multi;
        slaves.a.pcm "output";
        slaves.b.pcm "loopin";
        slaves.a.channels 2;
        slaves.b.channels 2;
        bindings.0.slave a;
        bindings.0.channel 0;
        bindings.1.slave a;
        bindings.1.channel 1;
        bindings.2.slave b;
        bindings.2.channel 0;
        bindings.3.slave b;
        bindings.3.channel 1;
    }

    ttable.0.0 1;
    ttable.1.1 1;
    ttable.0.2 1;
    ttable.1.3 1;
}

pcm.!default {
        type plug
        slave.pcm "multi"
}

pcm.output {
        type hw
        card PCH
}

pcm.loopin {
        type plug
        slave.pcm "hw:Loopback,0,0"
}

pcm.loopout {
        type plug
        slave.pcm "hw:Loopback,1,0"
}

*This is the difference between .asoundrc for Scenarios 1 and 2*

diff .asoundrc.scenario1 .asoundrc.scenario2
34,37c34,37
< pcm.!default {
<       type plug
<       slave.pcm "multi"
< }
---
> #pcm.!default {
> #     type plug
> #     slave.pcm "multi"
> #}

Any thoughts on what I do next to fix the above issues to end up with just one
.asoundrc file?

Alex