On Mon, 20 Sep 2021 01:27:43 -0400
Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:

> No one else has publicly discussed how they've handled that so I have
> no clue what others are doing, if anything to prevent a days indexes
> loss if the drive or the amandatapes drive pukes and you have to
> recover to bare metal.

An interesting subject.

I have three rotating USB drives for offsite backup. I swap them out to
a nearby site weekly and take another with me when I travel. So if I've
done everything else right, I should be good against anything short of
the Yellowstone Caldera going or an asteroid strike if I'm near home
when it occurs.

These I rsync manually from a RAID array on my backup server. That array
includes my VTAPEs. I also have a script that calls amanda, then backs
up amanda's metadata into the RAID array. So everything gets backed up
to the offsite drives.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com