Živjo Danilo,

> I need to block all attachments except those specificly
> listed (.pdf, .odt, ...).
> How can I achieve that with amavisd-new 2.4.3?

Sorry for a later reply.

The $banned_filename_re is a list of rules, each granting or blocking
mail if it matches. The list is traversed sequentially (for each
mail part individually), the first rule that matches decides fate
for this mail part. If no mail parts are blocked by this procedure,
entire mail message is not banned.

So in order to achieve what you would like, you'd need to place
rules explicitly allowing each permissible type first, then
have a block-all rule by the end of the list.

Something like:

$banned_filename_re = new_RE(
  # explicitly allow the following file(1) types:
  [ qr'^\.(txt|asc|html|empty)$' => 0 ],
  [ qr'^\.(pdf|odt|ps)$'   => 0 ],
  [ qr'^\.(rpm|cpio|tar)$' => 0 ],
  # block all other file(1) types:
  [ qr'^\.[a-zA-Z0-9]*$'   => 1 ],
);

The above rules only apply to short content type names
as obtained by mapping a result from a file(1) utility
through $map_full_type_to_short_type_re mapping
(check the source for a default value of this list).

It would be possible to add rules on MIME types and
on file names to the above, although things may quickly
become unmanagable. Keep in mind that a MIME message
is a tree structure, all nodes are quivalent in principle,
the term 'attachment' is just a commonly (mis)used term
for any MIME type beyond the first one. Checking on
$banned_filename_re rules does not distinguish between
positions of mail parts in a MIME tree, all are treated
equally, including the first part. I would not be surprised
if it turns out the approach given by the example above
tuns out to be less useful than expected.

Pozdrav